Thursday, February 24, 2011

My favorite dress


There are days when I don't know what to wear, days when someone asks me to do something randomly, or a day where I feel groggy or down. These are the days when I wear a dress. It's a no brainer because it's a complete outfit. I have a rack of dresses that I can wear to pretty much any occasion I can think of, the comfier the better.
Here's my favorite...


Dress- ASOS
Cardigan- Jigsaw (I'm so mad they closed :( )
Belt- braided t-shirt
Shoes- Anthropologie
Necklace- Vintage



I am so in love with these booties from Anthropologie.
I added the belt so that the eye is drawn to my neck line.



I was going out to lunch with a friend, so I decided to accessorize with 2 statement pieces; my boots and a long necklace. I have a dozen long necklaces in different colors because I feel like they elongate my body, I'm only 5'5, so I could use an extra inch or two :)

This dress is a little long for me, but I'd like to wear it with flip flops and a big floppy straw hat, or biker boots and a leather jacket if I were going to a bar or concert. I love the possibilities of an unfussy day dress!


Silly photo my husband took of me blowing kisses to the puppy that lives upstairs, he was barking up a storm when we were taking the photos.

4 comments:

  1. Cute! I adore this dress, and can't wait until it gets a little bit warmer here and I can wear mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute! Love the necklace too. I'm still on the lookout for a maxi dress that I like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh Nicole, check out Target and Old Navy!
    xo

    ReplyDelete