Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Something old, new, borrowed and BLUE!

Today I spent hours and hours filling out the forms to apply for American Citizenship. I took a little break to try something different.
I got this shirt last December (old), but I've never worn it (new), my friend Betsey has (borrowed), and it is the brightest BLUE I have ever seen!

Shirt-ASOS Curve
Jeans- The Gap
Shoes- Torrid
Purse- Lucky Brand
Necklace- Givenchy

I loved this shirt so much when I saw it on ASOS.com, but in person it seemed a little intimidating.
The zipper detail on the back of the shirt made it look luxurious and fresh.
 For some reason plus size clothes don't usually have the design elements that straight sizes have, I don't know why.
 This makes me shop a lot at ASOS because I feel like they really understand my wants and needs.

Image 1 of ASOS CURVE Gathered Sleeve BlouseImage 2 of ASOS CURVE Gathered Sleeve Blouse
I felt a little weird wearing a blue shirt with blue jeans, but it felt relaxed. I think if I had have worn the shirt with black trousers as I'd originally thought I would have looked as if I were going to "the office".
I think next time I'd wear it with a darker wash jean.

I decided to go for a matte pink lip with a hint of red to play off the bold blue shirt and neon green in my necklace. 

Coincidentally my nails have been blue all week too!  (MAC "Naughty Nauticals" from 2009 in case you were wondering)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment