Thursday, July 26, 2012

I don't know how I feel about this...



I have lusted after this Anthropology necklace for so long that I have a folder in my photos section of the computer with pictures of different people wearing it. Sad, I know, but it was just a little too expensive full price and I missed out when it went on sale.

Anthropologie Necklace 2
So last week, when I was perusing the shelves of Atlantas "Rag-O-Rama" and I saw it, in my favorite color no less,  my heart skipped a beat.


It feels just how I remember; heavy at the base with the yummiest, softest fabric to tie it around the neck, it is just  beautifully made; but being from a second hand shop I'm not 100% sure that it is the "real" Anthropologie necklace. 
Especially because I keep seeing this 


all over Pinterest.
I love to make things, and I love the satisfaction of getting a great deal, but I'm not sure if I like the idea of taking something so literally. I'd like to think that when I am inspired by something that I do not copy the original work exactly.
I suppose on the same note you could say that me buying it second hand is just as bad as it means that I made no contribution to the designer either. 
These are just thoughts, I'm not sure what my stance is, all I know is I love my necklace.




No comments:

Post a Comment