Sunday, January 2, 2011

Get to know me.

Name...
Lynne Tanzer AKA DollFacedLynne 

Hometown... 
Newcastle Upon Tyne, England but I live in Atlanta, Georgia, USA because of my American husband.

Occupation...
I am the owner of Hodgepodge Coffee House and Gallery in East Atlanta, GA.
I do freelance make up artistry 

and have an Etsy store for my paintings.

My style in a word...
Ever-changing

First serious splurge...
Vivienne Westwood bowling bag. I got it on Ebay as a girl was selling all the wonderful stuff her cheating ex-boyfriend gave her. I was 19 and it was 80 British Pounds, which was more than I made in a week. 
I still adore it.

Most worn item of clothing...
The article of clothing that I wear the most is my pair of Vintage wash Gap Long and Lean jeans in size 20.


Trend I wish I'd never tried...
Best style advice I've ever gotten...
Know your strengths.
I always feel most comfortable when my upper arms are covered and my decolletage is visable. I love dressing up, but there's nothing worse than going out and suddenly realizing that you feel like everyone is looking at you for all the wrong reasons and all you want to do is go home.

Beauty Products I can't live without...
This is tough because I pretty much put on a full face of "slap" every day. I have been a make up artist for 4 years and I fell in love with the art from day one.
I guess if a gun was held to my head and I had to say what top ten products I can't live without they are as follows. 

*Cargo Blu Ray Pressed powder * Benefit Erase Paste
* MAC Viva Glam V Lipglass *Urban Decay Primer Potion 
*Benefit High Beam   *Benefit Brow Zings 
*Stila Major Major lash mascara *Smashbox nude Lip liner
*Smashbox Jet set waterproof eyeliner * Urban Decay Dew Me Moisturizing setting spray
 
Most Glamorous moment of my life...
I felt pretty spiffy on my wedding day.

Favorite Chain Store...
Target, but I keep sending emails to Anthropologie begging them to make a plus size section.

Favorite Style Blog...
Miss Elsie Flannigan (Soon to be Larson) stole my heart a long time ago.
Celebrity close I'd like to raid...
Kelly Osbourne


I wish I had the nerve to wear...
petticoats


I feel beautiful when...
a stranger tells me I am, which is why I make certain to tell strangers when I think they look awesome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment